A brief history lesson about the infamous Bubonic Plague (AKA The Black Death) that devastated a large portion of France in 1413 AD. The Black Death spread like wildfire amongst citizens and doctors alike. It seemed impossible to be in the vicinity without contracting it, and at the time, falling ill did mean you were likely to meet your ultimate demise.
According to lore, four thieves were caught and charged with stealing from the sick and dying. The judge was so intrigued by how these men had stayed immune to this terrible disease, that he told them if they shared their secret he would spare them of the intended punishment of being burned alive.
The four thieves told the judge their secret; they were perfume & spice merchants and had prepared an essential oil recipe that had kept them safe. The concoction was applied to their bodies and the thieves stuffed a beak shaped mask with cloths doused in the oils. The judge stayed true to his word and the men were not burned alive, but instead they were hanged for their crimes.
Notes have hints of sweet orange, clove bud, rose, rosemary, cinnamon, and vetiver, it will have you transported back to a time where it was normal to call your doctor a quack in such a heavenly way.
We make no claims this will keep you safe in any way, shape, or form - we just love the story and holy hell does it smell good! So let's party like it's 1431 and we are all in crazy bird masks with all the other quacks whiffing our custom Thieves blend. It's definitely not any crazier than what is going on in the world now, and we might as well laugh while we get through it!
How to Apply
- Using the back of your thumbnail, scrape out a small amount of wax out from the tin. Then rub it between your thumb and pointer finger (and/or middle finger) to make it warm and pliable.
- One side at a time, thoroughly apply the warmed wax into your mustache via a gentle rocking and pinching motion, starting from your lip and working out towards the the tips, running “with the grain” of your stache. This method prevents breakage and pulling out hairs.
- Shape to your preferred style via bending, but never twisting (up, out, down… savor the experiment!).
Beeswax, Lanolin, Natural Fragrance, Cocoa Butter, & Jojoba Oil
- Natural ingredients provide a strong, all-day hold and conditions hair
- Scented with exotic, essential oils and extracts
- 1 oz. tin with laser-etched Cedar label
- Made by hand in Austin, TX
May contain allergens. Test in a small area before use.